Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Meal Plan 5/15 - 5/21 and Garden Update

Another gorgeous week here.  I have actually mowed my lawn twice already.  I have planted beets, carrots, potatoes (blue, yukon gold, and red norland) and spinach as well as dill, rosemary, and chives.  I am holding out until the weekend to plant the rest of my seeds and flowers.  I will probably wait until June 1st before I dare put in any tomatoes...but I'll just buy big plants that were raised in a greenhouse.  This is the first year that I have had a real garden (besides the odd flowers/veggies here or there), so I am really excited...and trying not to expect to much.

Before I can post any pictures of our progress with our retaining walls, raised beds, and fire pit area...I have to be able to get a truck in here to deliver gravel and bark.  However, our field was just plowed and getting a truck to the appropriate area will be a bit of a nightmare until the ground firms up.  I am dying to share though...but too embarrassed to post pics of dirt and weeds.

So, on with the meal plan.  A little shorter this week since we have a date night (sort of) planned and a restaurant night as well.

Meal #1:  Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Cheese Toasts (we had a rainy and cold day that this was perfect for)
Meal #2:  Garlic Lemon Chicken Kebabs and Artichokes with Lemon Butter (1/2 stick of butter and juice of 1/2 large lemon)
Meal #3:  Chicken Paprikash with Tossed Salad (grrrr, I can't find the link)
Meal #4:  Pad Thai with Tofu and Cucumber Salad (1/2 c. white vinegar, 1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt poured over sliced cucumbers)

Do you all have gardens started?  If so, what are you growing?  What is your most successful veg/fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment