Sunday, March 6, 2011

Meal Plan 3/6 - 3/12

Sorry for not posting last week...it was an uninspired week in the culinary sense.  Life has just been go, go, go lately.  Okay, enough excuses already.  This week will be a different story (somewhat).  But, before I get to that...

I think Spring is officially on its way (crossing my fingers and toes).  Even though it snowed this morning, I was able to capture these photos just minutes ago.




It just made me smile to see these little Robins.  Aaah.

On to food...

Meal #1:  Curried Vegetable Samosas with Cilantro-Mint Chutney and Mangoes
Meal #2:  Peanut Chicken in the Slow Cooker with Rice and Steamed Broccoli
Meal #3:  Asparagus Soup and Pesto, Mozzarella, and Goat Cheese Paninis (Little Bean is OBSESSED with goat cheese!)
Meal #4:  Fajitas with Chicken, Beans, Peppers, and Onions with Guacamole
Meal #5:  Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker (I was planning on making Eggplant Marinara and Penne...but I couldn't find an eggplant at the store today???)
Meal #6:  Apple, Cucumber, Goat Cheese Salad with Mint Vinaigrette and Crusty Bread

So, as many of you know, I buy organic chicken...usually I try to stick to one meal per week with meat to cut down on the astronomical cost.  Well, this week I went nuts and spent $30 on chicken!!!!  Shhhh...don't tell Daddy Bean.  Next week will be a beans and rice week for sure!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment