Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Holiday Decor

I am painfully behind on creating tutorials/new projects.  I am too busy making everybody else's for Christmas gifts!

So, just so I feel like I am doing something, here are a few pics of my home decorated for the holidays.  Please try to ignore any mess you may see in the background.

The one on the right is striped, not pink
I have mentioned my mild obsession with throw pillows before.  I used a few from years past and only made eight new ones this year.  Here is a look at the other couch in the room:


That is Zeus, perhaps the best cat in existence.


Loving the fireplace!  My garland (see tutorial here) looks perfect with our stockings.  The only trouble - I have to put in the chocolate right before Little Bean opens it, otherwise it all melts from the fireplace.  Next year, I'll have to be more creative with the contents.


Oh, and yes, we have stockings for our cats.


 Yes, yes, my dining room wall desperately NEEDS something.  I know.  I just can't seem to figure it out.  I made the runner on the table simply because the table is huge and regular size runners look lost.  As long as you have a rotary cutter, this is the easiest project.  I just used bias tape on the edges to make it even easier.


I'm still thinking the tree is lacking something, but I am pretty happy with it.  I am loving the birds that I made from this tutorial


And with the pretty lights and the wintry background.



Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Can you come over and decorate my house now?

    ReplyDelete