Monday, November 8, 2010

Camera Shopping

After the incident with Little Bean the other day, my camera is taking even worse pictures (if you can imagine that).  Seriously, I've been trying to do tutorials and I just can't.  I feel as though I am at a total standstill.  So, with the help of my dear friend, and photographer, Jill, I am trying to find the perfect camera for me and for my budget.

She has convinced me that a Canon is a great way to go (which is what I've pretty much always had).  I don't pretend to know how to use an SLR, nor do I think I really want to try...I don't think I have the time or the patience.  One of the cameras that she has recommended is the Canon PowerShot SX20IS.  There is also a Canon PowerShot SX30IS for the same price with more features (but no reviews that I can find).  Does anybody have this camera?  Maybe it's new on the market?

I would LOVE to hear any advice on cameras that anyone may have.  Please keep in mind that I am more than an amateur...I don't know very much at all.  All I really want to be able to do is be able to blur out the background and be able to take really close up pictures of smaller objects.  I am not trying to win any competitions here. :)

Thanks so much!  Tutorials to come!

1 comment:

  1. My little camera is the Canon PowerShot SD1000, which I have had for 3 years. That camera takes excellent pictures and is just as good as my SLR. It's very easy to use and really does take great photos.

    ReplyDelete